Friday 11 December 2009

Focus

Most of the time I write in a vacuum. What do I mean by this? Well, there's always an idea of potential publication and a possible readership at the back of my mind, but both seem desperately distant when I sit at my desk in Almendralejo.

These last couple of weeks, however, I've found myself working with a focus that goes beyond previous experience, all due to the specifics of Happenstance's forthcoming publication of my pamphlet. This immediate goal has set my mind alight.

What's more, I'm keenly aware that what might be an excellent stand-alone poem may not fit into the collection. Or vice-versa. In other words, one or two of my least favoured pieces could earn their place because of the way they ricochet off other poems.

All in all, this is a very enjoyable and intense process!

No comments:

Post a Comment