- The binding power/flour of constant nods towards possible rhymes.
- Just under 40 almonds roughly chopped into lines. Don't worry if some are bigger than others. That adds to the texture.
- A pinch of fragmented storyline.
- One spoonful of an underplayed yet quirkily original simile. Just one, so as not to make the mixture too rich.
- The yolks of at least two well-beaten voices.
- A decent glug of vivid, rum-fuelled description.
Mix them well and bake for a few weeks. Try them out on your neighbour, Mum, lover or mentor before serving them in an anthology alongside similar morsels.
Over the last few blog posts I haven’t made much mention of my writing, or what my living, breathing poems are getting up out there in the real world. What...